From The Mailbag: Wonder Woman’s Lasso Of Truth/Expunger Of The Undigested
Last week, in concordance with the annual edict that amusement park ride designers must find new ways to thrill and terrify the public each and every summer, something new was unveiled at Six Flags Great Adventure:
“WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth is an oversized pendulum-shaped ride that sends guests on a dizzying journey to extreme heights. Highlights include:
· Massive, 17-story pendulum that swings back and forth;
· 40 riders propelled in counterclockwise circles as the ride swings continuously;
· Speeds of nearly 75 miles per hour;
· Riders experience feelings of weightlessness at 172 feet in the air; and
· Floorless seats that leave riders’ feet dangling as they whirl through the air.”
In this age, when capital-T Truth is under assault from seemingly every angle, this feels about right.
Your move, Morey’s Piers.